Sunday, September 6, 2009

back from Vannes

I got back from my 3 day vacation/orientation in Vannes. We visited many historical sites...c'était très intéressant. We also visited downtown Vannes. This part would've been my favorite if we hadn't gotten lost. We missed dinner because we were lost...but stopped and ate there. And when we got back, we all went to sleep because we had ridden bikes for 5 HOURS. The island that we rode around on was very beautiful, but 5 hours was a bit much =)

Instead, my favorite was Rochefort en Terre. We were very tired of little villages (without much shopping) and this was our last stop, but once we saw it, we changed our minds. It was so beautiful that it looked fake. There's this church that is gorgeous. Above are pictures of the street and the church.

Tomorrow we begin orientation on-site. We are all hoping to get to know the city of Nantes better, so hopefully there will be a tour. Also, we have intensive french lessons to prepare us for classes, which I am excited about, but I'm not sure if anyone else is =)

Well, I'm off to bed soon, since we start at 9h30 and I'm taking the tram (by myself!).

Bonne nuit!

3 comments:

  1. So everytime I go to post I have to do it twice--I don't get it! But just to say I love following you w/pictures and hearing about your adventures. Now for the work--studying in French language. Trust oriendations goes well, pray for you, love you, G & G XO

    ReplyDelete